Machu Picchu Tickets
The Inca citadel Machu Picchu is one of the best places to visit in Peru. Machu Picchu tickets are the main way to enter the popular Inca citadel. If you dream of visiting the most popular Wonder of the World in America, we recommend that you pay attention. Whether you want to know how, when and where to buy Machu Picchu tickets, we tell you everything. So, if you are thinking of visiting Machu Picchu, you should know that you will need to buy Machu Picchu tickets. Depending on how you want your trip to be, the price of the ticket will change. And these tickets must be booked in advance because they sell out very quickly.
Types of Machu Picchu Tickets for 2022
The peruvian government published a new release about the Machu Picchu tickets 2022 or 2023. where it changes to visit it. These tickets are classified by circuits.
In 2020, you could book Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu mountain and Machu Picchu citadel at the same time, but today this form changed. these tickets are sold separately.
All tickets offer the tour of the Inca archaeological site and its wonderful landscapes. Choose the ticket that suits you best and enjoy this wonder of the world!
- Llaqta Machu Picchu Tickets.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu.
* There is also a complementary ticket ‘Machu Picchu Museum’.
Llaqta Machu Picchu Tickets
- Machupicchu is open every day of the year (even Sundays and holidays). However, this ticket can only be used for the chosen day and time. It is not possible to enter on a different date.
- Although it is possible to find availability once in Cusco, this is not the most advisable since the ticket has an income limit. It is best to buy tickets online a few days before.
- The purchase of tickets for next year begins in mid-December. Due to this, if you make your purchase on this website, you will receive your tickets only in December, when purchases are already allowed. However, this is the safest way to get your ticket availability for next year.
- The ‘Llaqta Machu Picchu’ entrance does not allow you to re-enter the archaeological site once the tour is finished. That is why it is recommended to visit all tourist attractions with patience.
- If you want to visit the Intipunku (Sun Gate) or the Inca Bridge, it is advisable to ascend to these places before making the tour of the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. This way you can fully enjoy your visit.
What does the entrance to Llaqta Machu Picchu include?
The Llaqta Machu Picchu ticket is the most used by visitors to the Inca wonder, as it includes the following:
- The entrance to the Inca archaeological site whose main tourist attractions are: the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Condor, the Main Square, the agricultural area with its beautiful platforms and many more buildings.
- There you can also take short walks, such as the route to the Inca bridge or the ascent to the Intipunku (Gate of the Sun of Machu Picchu).
- Of course, in Machu Picchu you can also take the classic postcard photo.
- With your ticket you can also request the postage stamp in your passport (a symbolic alternative highly requested by tourists).
what does the ticket not include?
The ticket ‘Llaqta Machu Picchu’ does not include some necessary services during the trip to the Inca wonder:
- Tour guide service in Machupicchu.
- Transport service by train.
- Bus transportation service.
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the Huchuy Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the museum of Machupicchu.
- Toilet services outside the archaeological site.
- Cloakroom service at the entrance door of the archaeological site.
Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain Ticket & Circuit 4
The Huayna Picchu entrance offers one of the most incredible experiences in Machu Picchu. This ticket is the one that runs out the fastest since only 200 people can enter each day.
The Huayna Picchu Mountain is of a peculiar shape having almost vertical paths making it definetely is an adventure. Hiking it is considered one of the best short walks in the world. From the lookout, you can view the citadel of Machu Picchu, its enclosures and platforms. There are fourth time slots to hike the Huayna Picchu Mountain.
What places can I see with the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket?
- See the main attractions of the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- Climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, the fabled mountain that everyone wants to climb and where it is also found the Temple of the Moon Huayna Picchu.
Huayna Picchu Tickets – Timetables
- Huayna Picchu from 6:00 am – 7:00 am.
- Huayna Picchu from 7:00 am – 8:00 am.
- Huayna Picchu from 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Huayna Picchu from 12:00 pm – 01:00 pm
Machu Picchu + Mountain Ticket & Circuit 3
What is the Machu Picchu Ticket + Mountain?
- A visit to the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu through circuit number 3.
- This ticket provides you with the opportunity to climb Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Among the different Machu Picchu facts to know, this is the highest mountain in the complex, reaching about 10,111 feet high.
- The mountain is not usually as crowded as Huayna Picchu, as it has no ruins around and is a long climb. Despite this, the views it offers are indescribable. As the Huayna Picchu ticket.
- If the visitors want a complete visit to Citadel, they will have to buy another entrance that allows them to make the circuits 1 or 2 (Usually the Llaqta Machu Picchu ticket)
- It is the only ticket that offers the possibility of re-entry to the complex. One of the best alternatives to Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets – Circuit 3 Timetables:
- Machu Picchu Mountain from 7:00 am – 8:00 am.
- Machu Picchu Mountain from 08:00 – 09:00 am
Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu Tickets
This mountain is not popular, but it is near Huayna Picchu mountain, the Huchuy Picchu mountain ticket only permits you to visit Machu Picchu by circuit 4 and you can stay in the citadel for 2 hours. and there are only 200 spaces available everyday and distributed in 9 schedules. This Huachuy Picchu ticket is a cheaper entry to Machu Picchu citadel.
Huchuy Picchu Mountain Tickets – Circuit 4 Timetables:
- Entrance from 06:00 to 07:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 07:00 to 08:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 08:00 to 09:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 09:00 to 10:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 11:00 to 12:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 12:00 to 13:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 13:00 to 14:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 14:00 to 15:00 hrs.
Visitors who access this alternate route must complete circuit 4 (long bass – light blue) and will not be able to re-enter the monument.
The museum of Machu Picchu called Museo de Sitio Manuel Chávez Ballón is located in Aguas Calientes. It houses a collection of pieces found at Machu Picchu. This allows you to learn more about the history of the citadel as well as the Inca Empire. All details are explained carefully. It also offers an interesting multimedia exhibition. The Machu Picchu + Museum Tickets provide with a unique and complete cultural experience since one is enable to travel back in time to the era when the Incas inhabited Machu Picchu.
- Opening hours of the museum:
- Monday – Sunday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
The schedule of your visit depends on the shift you chose to enter Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu Tickets Rates 2022 and 2023
How much is a ticket to visit Machu Picchu? The new prices of Machu Picchu Tickets 2022 and 2023 can be found below. Ticket prices vary according to the type of a ticket and nationality of a tourist. In addition, students can get a discount.
|Ticket Type to Machu Picchu *||Foreign||Andean Community Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador||Peruvians|
|Ticket Machu Picchu Only||60.00 USD||35.00 USD||31.00 USD||21.00 USD||26.00 USD||17.00 USD|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||78.00 USD||54.00 USD||50.00 USD||38.00 USD||46.00 USD||35.00 USD|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain||78.00 USD||54.00 USD||50.00 USD||38.00 USD||46.00 USD||35.00 USD|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuypicchu||60.00 USD||35.00 USD||31.00 USD||21.00 USD||26.00 USD||17.00 USD|
*Each type of ticket offers a different route through the archaeological site of Machu Picchu.