Lake Titicaca Tours From Cusco 3D/2N(UROS, TAQUILE ISLAND IN PUNO)
This tour allows you to see the amazing floating Uros Islands and the larger Taquile Island of Lake Titicaca in one day. On this tour, you will see the best of this high altitude lake in a short amount of time. You will learn about the construction of the Uros islands and the lives of the people who live on them. You will also learn about the fascinating culture of the people of Taquile island. This tour is great for people who want to see Lake Titicaca, but have limited time in the area.
Lake Titicaca has long been considered a sacred place among natives and indigenous people, those who live in and around the lake consider themselves descendants of Mama Cocha ( sacred water) since according the history lake Titicaca was the birthplace of the civilization and the Incas. Viracchocha the Andean creator deity sent the Inca brothers to illuminated this areas principally Cuzco valley.
Lake Titicaca is a dazzling sight .it’s deep azure waters seemingly extend forever across the altiplano, under the monstrously wide sky at an elevation of 4000mt/13,000ft it is massive the only one world’s highest navigable lake, it has been inhabited for thousands of years and it is make and re-made of totora (reeds that grows here) which serve as home for some local villages in the lake. Nowadays is visited by thousands of tourists where you will get unforgettable experience.
Day 1: Cusco to Puno
In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at the Bus station.
This is a really nice bus trip that is more like a tour as it stops at four interesting sites along the way. Where you have guided tour and lunch at a restaurant. Places we will visit are:
- Andahuyalillas: Sistine chapel of South America: this church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art. (It leaves at 7.30am and arrives at about 5pm.)
- Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Incan church of monumental dimensions; 100 meters long, 26 meters wide and 14 meters high. The temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows 11 giant columns that’s huge!
- La Raya: This is the half-way point between Cusco and Puno and also the highest point (4335 meters above sea level). The landscapes here are stunning and typical Andean animals like llamas, alpacas and vicuñas are common. It is also the geographic border between two cultures, the Quechua and Aymara.
- Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. There are interesting life like sculptures and tombs. The trip also includes a really nice lunch buffet in a Sicuani town.
Day 2: Floating Uros and Taquile Islands.
Between 7:40am and 8am, we will transfer you from the hotel to the port and then by motor boat. We will take you to one of the legendary islands of Uros, where you can observe the lives of the Uros people who live on the floating reed islands. After a beautiful three hour boat ride, we reach Taquile Island, where we will break into smaller groups to stay with the local families.
You have the opportunity to trek to the top of the mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of Pachamama and Pachatata. Enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family. Then, we return back to Puno and transfer you back to your hotel.
DAY 3: TRANSFER OUT.
After breakfast, we will take you either to Juliaca (airport) or Cusco.
- Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
- Option 2: Transfer to the bus station and back to Cusco to Hotel.
End of service
- All transfers in/out, airport, hotel, bus and train station.
- 2 nights at 3 star hotel.
- 2 breakfast at the hotels.
- 2 Lunches on day 1 and 2
- Round trip Bus tickets
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Meals that are not stated otherwise.
(1) Tips guides and local family are always welcome. The local Family are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What we recommend that you bring:
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks. Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.
Price per person:
Contact us, for prices. Thanks
This will depend on the amount of people coming to the tours and to the kind of accommodation.
If you wish to travel alone, you need to ask for a private tour, letting us know which date you wish to leave, and you must make your reservation a week ahead of time so that we can organize your tour.
If you wish to go with other people, we can let you know what dates are available and you can join an existing group.
Write to us to make your reservation and we will send you the form and the payment conditions.
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure||we will retain 50% of your deposit.|
|90 – 30 days before departure||we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.|
|29 – 0 days before departure||we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.|
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!