Cusco Tours and Titicaca Lake 8 Days / 7 Nights
Cusco Tours and Titicaca Lake 8 Days 7 Nights, is amazing tour where you will Travel to Machu Picchu ranked among the 7 new Wonders of the world. Located in the tropical rainforest, Machu Picchu citadel is an archaeological jewel, main travel destination in Peru. Explore the Sacred Valley walking through the art craft market of Pisaq and visiting the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo. Enjoy the magnificent scenery from lake Titicaca, highest navigable in the World, studded with glaciers and llamas. Get relaxed during a totora reed boat tour on floating islands of Uros.
- Tour the city of Lima and learn about its rich history
- Discover the secrets of Cusco on a guided city tour
- Visit the incredible Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park
- Make the journey to the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu via or Expedition and Vistadome train
Day 1: Arival to Lima – Transfer to the Hotel.
Arrival in Lima, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon we will have a tour through Lima’s streets and plazas. Starting at the Love Park in Miraflores, with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, and then heading to the Huaca Pucllana, ceremonial center of the Lima culture. Later we will go to San Isidro, financial center of the city. After this, we go on to the Main Square where the Government Palace and the Town Hall are located. We will visit the Cathedral and explore the San Francisco convent, built in the seventeenth century, to discover the mystery of its catacombs. Stay in Lima.
- Overnight at Lima Hotel
- Meals Included: None
Day 2: Transfer to Cusco – City Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, you’ll head to the airport to catch your flight to Cusco. Upon arrival, you will be transported to your hotel where you will have the morning to relax and freshen up.
You will be picked up from the hotel at 1:30 pm to tour the Koricancha (Temple of the Sun), a very important Inca shrine. Later, you’ll visit the impressive Cathedral in the main square. Our tour continues in Sacsayhuaman on a hill that looms over the city. Then, you’ll visit the old temple of the Puma in Qenqo, a singular limestone outcrop used for religious purposes. You’ll also visit Puca Pucara and the sacred fountains of life and health in Tambomachay. Finally, the tour ends with a tour of the city of Cusco.
- Overnight at Cusco Hotel
- Meals Included: Breakfast
Day 3: Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
The Sacred Valley of the Incas, just outside of Cusco, is a gorgeous sprawling span of green farms, lofty terraced mountains along with numerous quaint towns unmoved by time. The Sacred Valley is the center of lively festivals and the best handicrafts in Peru. Our first stop is the artisanal capital of Peru, the small village of Pisac; it’s famous for its craft market in the main plaza, busiest on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, where local natives come to sell their colorful woven cloth, alpaca wool ponchos and fashions, reproductions of ancient jewelry, engraved gourds and much, much more. Pisac is the best stop in Peru for mementos of your trip to bring home to family and friends. After a delicious lunch in Pisac, we’ll travel Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town that remains inhabited. This traditional town is a wonderful example of pre-Colombian architecture. Here we will explore the expansive ruins overlooking the town and discuss their history and traditional beliefs of the people of the Sacred Valley. Later in the afternoon in Ollantaytambo we’ll catch the train to Aguas Calientes to get ready to explore Machu Picchu early the next morning.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
- Meals included: Breakfast and Buffet lunch.
Day 4: Machu Picchu Full Day.
On the fourth day, our tour guide will be waiting for us in your hotel lobby and will take you to the bus station where you can take the bus to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu which is also referred to as “The lost citadel of the Incas”. The bus journey will be about only 30 minutes, and when you arrive in Machu Picchu, our tour guide will begin to explain about the different places you are visiting at Machu Picchu. You will also have the option of climbing Waynapicchu, as well as some free time to take pictures.
In the afternoon, you’ll return to Aguas Calientes where you’ll have free time to go eat lunch. After lunch, our tour guide will take you to the train station so you can take the train back to ollantaytambo or Poroy. Our transfer will be there waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Overnight in Cusco
- Meals included: Breakfast and lunch.
Day 5: Cusco – Free Day
Today is a free day in the Incan Imperial Capital. We’ll do our best to discover Cusco’s enchanting network of narrow streets and white wash mud-brick walls, all built atop Incan stone foundations. A true amalgamation of cultures! Explore the many markets, churches, museums, plazas and first-rate restaurants, all at your fingertips while exploring the city center on foot.
Also recommended is stop by the Incan Archaeological Museum located a block from the Plaza de Armas. Then, time permitting, visit the recently opened ‘Casa Concha’, which houses hundreds of pieces removed from Machu Picchu by Hiram Bingham in 1912 and recently returned in 2011 (Centennial Anniversary of Machu Picchu’s scientific discovery) to Peru by Yale University in the United States.
Also worth a visit is the colorful local market at San Pedro and the bohemian neighborhood of San Blas, full of artists, craftsmen and street vendors, both only minutes from the hotel.
- Overnight in Cusco
- Meals included: Breakfast.
Day 6: Cusco / Puno
Departure on a tour bus to Puno. On the way we’ll stop to visit the attractions this beautiful route has to offer. The first stop: Andahuaylillas for a visit to its beautiful chapel, then its Racchi, Temple of the Wiracocha god where the walls and narrow streets stand out. Then it’s lunch time and the opportunity to see the view at La Raya, natural border between Cusco and Puno. Before our final destination we will visit the in site Pucara Museum and a chance to get one of the local classic bull shaped ceramics. We will arrive in Puno at the end of the afternoon.
- Overnight in Puno
- Meals included: Breakfast and a three course lunch.
Alternative travel options:
1. Peru Rail Titicaca Train or Belmont Andean Explorer Train to Puno.
Travel in style on the Andean Explorer from Cusco to the shores of Titicaca Lake where Puno is located. Morning transfer to the local train station of Cusco where the Andean Explorer is waiting for your spectacular rail journey to Puno. The glass-walled observation coaches provide the perfect opportunity to view the beautiful scenery. The journey is broken by a scenic stop at La Raya, which is also the highest point on the route. First class lunch is served aboard the train in style. A music and fashion show and a bar-tending lesson will also be part of your experience aboard. On arrival in Puno we take you to your hotel.
Upgrade Peru Rail Titicaca Train to Puno is available at an additional cost and on these days:
- November to March = Sun, Wed, Fri.
- April to October = Sun, Wed, Fri, Sat.
Upgrade to Belmont Andean Explorer Train to Puno is available at an additional cost and on these days:
- January to March = Tue
Day 7: Titicaca Lake – Uros – Taquile Islands
You will be collected from your hotel early in the morning for a transfer to the port. Here you will meet the rest of your group and your English speaking guide for the day. After about 30 minutes by boat you will arrive at the floating Uros Islands, built from reeds by the Uros people who still live on the islands in traditional reed houses. After a short visit you will continue by boat to Taquile Island. You will need to walk uphill to the main square in the centre of the island, where you will be rewarded with fantastic views of the Island, and have a traditional lunch of fresh trout. In the afternoon you will have time to explore and appreciate the island and its people, before returning to Puno by boat, arriving at around 5pm. Spend the night at our standard hotel in Puno.
- Overnight in Puno
- Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Day 8: Juliaca Airport – Lima – Connection to International Flight.
After breakfast, at the scheduled time we will transfer you to the airport to take the flight back to Lima, where you will take your flight back to your country.
- Meals included: breakfast.
- Transfers from the airport-hotel-airport Cusco
- Transfers terminal-hotel-terminal
- Transfer Hotel / Bus Station / Hotel
- Full day tour of Uros – Taquile
- Tour of the Sun Road
- Bus tickets from Puno – Cusco
- Private transportation for the City Tour
- Private transportation for the Sacred Valley
- Entry tickets to the different sites
- Buffet lunch at a traditional restaurant in the Sacred Valley
- Train tickets (Expedition) Poroy or Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Entry tickets for Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes- Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes
- 01 night in Aguas Calientes with breakfast
- 04 nights in Cusco with breakfast
- 02 nights in Puno
- Tour guide for the City Tour
- Tour guide for the Sacred Valley
- Tour guide at Machu Picchu
- International airfares
- Domestic flights
- Airport departure (US$ 30 per person for international flights and US$ 6.5 for
- national flights) taxes or visa fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Alcoholic beverages or bottled water
- Phone calls
- Radio calls or messages
- Reconfirmation of flights and items of personal nature
- Personal equipment
- Obligatory personal insurance and meals which are not mentioned
Cusco Tours and Titicaca 8 Days / 7 Nights Packing List:
After spending a lot of time travelling around Cusco Tours and Titicaca Lake 8 Days / 7 Nights, we have come up with our definitive list of what to pack for a trip to Cusco Tours and Titicaca Lake.
- Worn in hiking boots or walking shoes
- Light weight rain poncho
- Down or thermal jacket and fleece
- Sun protection; sunscreen and providing hat
- Layerable clothing: t- shirts, heavy shirts and jackets, thermals, hiking pants, shorts
- Toiletries pack with toilet paper, tissues and a lightweight towell
- Day pack
- Reusable water bottle to help reduce plastic waste
- Personal first aid kit with prescriptions, pain relievers, antihistamine & stomach aids
- Spare prescription glasses, contacts & lens solution plus a copy of prescription
- Small flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Ear plugs for sleeping comfort
- Warm hat, scarf & gloves (these are abundant in Cusco if you’d prefer to purchase here
- Extra zip lock bags of various sizes always come in handy
- Insect repellent
- Camera with extra batteries and SD cards
- Combination locks to protect luggage, useful while traveling & in hotel rooms
Required & Useful Documents for Peru
- Valid passport with at least six months remaining
- Photocopies of important documents like passport, tickets and prescriptions
- Travel insurance, we recommend World Nomads or Travel Guard
- Blood donor/type card
Plans & Rates
$ 1,050 person
$ 1,199.00 person
$ 1,359 person
$ 1,597.00 person
This unique package can leave on any date, as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants.
- Student Discount: US$20.00 Check this link: ( http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/items/estudiantes.html )
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
Optional Extras (Need to Book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure||we will retain 50% of your deposit.|
|90 – 30 days before departure||we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.|
|29 – 0 days before departure||we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.|
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!