Condor Sightings Cusco & Chonta Valley
Condor sightings Cusco, is ideal for those who want to observe the biggest bird of the andes flying, the majestic Andean Condor soaring from the Chonta canyon which forms part of Apurimac canyon near to Cusco. Chonta canyon is one of the deepest canyons in South America. With our Condor sighting Cusco travelers will also experience some hiking activity as part of the Chonta Condor Sighting and this activity became a great opportunity for people who could not travel to the popular Colca canyon in Arequipa to experience the Condor Flight.
Highlights of Condor Sighting:
- Visit Quillarumiyoc and Tarawasi
- Activity of Condor Sighting
- Hike to the lookout in Chonta
- Wonderful views of Chonta Canyon
- Amazing view of Salkantay and Humantay Mountain
- Impressive farming terraces
By booking Condor sighting Cusco, with Cusco Journeys you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Day 1: Cusco – Quillarumiyoc – Chonta Condor lookout – Cusco
Early morning pick up from your hotel and then we will drive by private transport car to the Inca site Quillarumiyoc. Here you will enjoy a tour of this inca site with your guide, who will be able to explain the details of the site and important Moonstone temple. After the tour. We will then drive for another hour and a half to Chonta the starting point of our hike. The hike will be a gentle ascent up to the Condor viewing point above Apurimac Canyon where we will be able to enjoy the incredible sight of the enigmatic Andean Condor flight overhead. After taking some time to enjoy these iconic symbols of Peru soaring in their natural habitat, we will enjoy a packed lunch together before hiking back along the same route. Our private transport bus will then take us back to Cusco, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Starting Altitude – 3400m / 14,107ft.
- Highest Altitude – 3500m / 15,107ft.
- Walking Distance – 6 km / 3 miles
- Meal included – Breakfast – Packed lunch
- Pre-trek briefing (Our guide will visit your hotel a day before the trek for your briefing)
- Stops at the Inca sites (Killarumiyoq and Tarawasi)
- Fluent English speaking tour guide
- Quality tour itinerary for a personalized service
- Entrance fee to the Inca sites and Condor sighting Cusco tour
- Early morning transfer by private bus to Chonta to Condor Canyon
- Box lunch with veggie option
- Oxygen tank
- First aid kit.
- Meals not described on the itinerary.
- Tips for the guide and driver (totally volunteer)
- Walking poles
Recommended things to bring for Condor Sighting Cusco:
- Accurate dark color clothing (bright colors scare the Condors)
- A good camera with extra batteries.
- Warm jacket, Rain gear, windstopper, Sun hat.
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Small day pack with essential things
- Extra cash in soles
- Bottle water 2 liters per person
The Condor Sightings Cusco, leave any day of the week, everyday.
Price: $145USD Per person
- Hiking poles – US$10.00
- Binoculars – US$20.00
Terms & Conditions
1.- Contract between the Client and Cusco Journeys & Adventures
- To secure a booking with Cusco Journeys & Adventures, the Client must deposit 30% of the entire price of the trip (minimum US$200). All flights (domestic and international) and UpGrades must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces. The deposit is non-refundable. Clients booking by telephone, fax or email will be deemed to have read the booking conditions.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite from the date Cusco Journeys & Adventures has received the deposit from the Client. It is at this point that a binding contract between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client comes into existence.
- The contract is made between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Cusco Journeys & Adventures no later than 30 days before departure. In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- In the case of bookings made within 30 days of the departure date, the full amount of package price will be paid upon booking.
- Payment can either be made by wire transfer, direct deposit, or check. In case of a bank transfer, all wiring and transfer costs should be assumed by the Client.
- All prices are United States of America Dollar based.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax) the visitor (guest) must prove he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru longer than 90 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Please make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
3.- Changes by the Client
Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form. For any change by the Client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Program from Cusco Journeys & Adventures, a US$50 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
Services can be transferred from one client to another as long as there is availability and the providers’ conditions allow it.
4.- Substitution of Client
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Cusco Journeys & Adventures suppliers. In the case of certain tickets such as those for Machupicchu Site, Huayna Picchu mountain or for the Inca Trail, these must be purchased again as they cannot be transferred, then we need see the availability.
5.- Cancellation by the Client
The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Cusco Journeys & Adventures in writing. Deposit paid to reserve trip is non-refundable. Payments for flights, cruises, Machupicchu site, Inca Trail Trek and Train Tickets bookings are non-refundable due to airline, Peruvian goverment and operator policies. All other reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to the following cancellation fees:
Period Before Departure When Notification Is Received
Cancellation Fee As A Percentage Of The Refundable Services Price
|8 Days or Less||100%|
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy, or single room supplements). In case of trip postponement, an administration fee of 15% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
6.- Changes and Cancellation by Cusco Journeys & Adventures
While Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the right to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) at any time and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us at the time of the booking, the Client will be informed immediately. A major changed is defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the Product in its entirety. If a major change becomes necessary after booking, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will inform the Clients as soon as reasonably possible.
When a major change is made, the Client will have the choice to accept the change of arrangements, to purchase any other available tour or to cancel the tour and obtain a full refund. This is providing that the major change is not because of force majeure.
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures is not liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
Should any price increase, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will absorb the price increase if the price increase is less than 5% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 5%, the client will be surcharged the difference.
8.- Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required by the authorities of the visited countries for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
9.- Age, Fitness and Participation
All Clients are expected to assess that their physical fitness aligns with the requirements of the itinerary of their choosing prior to booking. Travelers with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to check with a healthcare professional before traveling on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for the minor. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the employees of Cusco Journeys & Adventures, tour leaders and agents, while on the tour with Cusco Journeys & Adventures. If, in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Cusco Journeys & Adventures may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
10.- Local laws
All participants in tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Cusco Journeys & Adventures of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
11.- Illness or disability
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and arrange for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit.
If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort, the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Cusco Journeys & Adventures to take additional precautions for the safety of the Client at such times as may be appropriate.
12.- Client has a Complaint
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements, he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Cusco Journeys & Adventures at the appropriate time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Cusco Journeys & Adventures is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Making your complaint known to Cusco Journeys & Adventures as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Cusco Journeys & Adventures within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
13.- Flight Bookings
Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, but it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare. The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid in full and a ticket has been issued. Flight bookings cannot be transferred.
The flight times given by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets. The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon reception of the latest timings. Cusco Journeys & Adventures will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration. Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
14.- Our responsibility
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot guarantee the accuracy of any hotel, resort or other leaflet which is not published by them but may be supplied as an additional service to the Client.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures accepts responsibility for ensuring that the vacation which the Client books with them is supplied as described in the final version of the travel program the Client will receive upon arrival and for ensuring that the services reach a reasonable standard.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures acts only in the capacity of an agent upon the legal conditions that, while exercising every possible precaution, it is not responsible for injury, illness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay, or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions made by the companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters, social upheavals or other causes.