Ballestas Islands and Nazca Lines 3 Days 2 Nights
Ballestas Islands and Nazca Lines 3 Days 2 Nights, on this compact tour we discover the little known marine hotspot of the Ballestas Islands, a fantastic area to spot Sea Lions (which occur here in their thousands). Fascinating marine birdlife found here includes Humboldt Penguins, Pelicans, Peruvian Booby’s and Cormorants, which breed here in huge numbers.
While on the desert coast we have a stunning introduction to Peru’s pre-colonial history, flying over the enormous mysterious Nazca Lines – geometric figures and images of animals echoed into the landscape more than 2000 years ago – an awesome site, the purpose of the Nazca Lines remains a mystery to this day.
- Duration: 3 Days and 2 Nights
- Departures: Daily departures from Lima Peru
- Activities: Excursion to Paracas, Ballestas island and Nasca Lines
- Nasca lines overflight: Is Included in our offer.
- Customizable: YES, feel free to ask for extra services
By booking The Ballestas Islands and Nazca Lines 3 Days 2 Nights with Cusco Journeys you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Day 1: Lima – Paracas – Paracas Peninsula.
Our staff will pick you up very early from your accommodation in Lima, and then travel south along the iconic Pan-American Highway, passing the little-known Inca ruins of Pachacamac along the way.
Urban sprawl soon gives way to desert, as the highway hugs the Pacific coast for much of the trip, we arrived in Paracas around noon, after settling into our beachside hotel and having lunch (not included).
The afternoon is free. You can choose whether you want to relax at your hotel or explore the bay area, which has a selection of beachfront restaurants (with great seafood) and bars.
Optional: You can also visit the Paracas Peninsula, it is amazing and combines a desolate desert with bold seascapes. A large amount of wildlife is found in the area: sea lions, penguins, turtles and a wide variety of birds (Not Included).
- Accommodation at a selected hotel in Paracas.
- Meals included: None.
Day 2: Paracas – Ballestas Islands – Nazca.
After breakfast, approx. 07:45 am, we will transfer you to the port of Paracas where you will take a motorboat excursion to Ballestas Island. These islands are spectacular, eroded into numerous arches and caves, providing shelter to thousands of sea lions and seabirds, some of which are very rare. The Islands are known as “The Galapagos of Peru”.
A boat tour to the Ballestas Islands will be the perfect offer for those seeking marine life. When touring these small islands, visitors can easily observe hundreds of birds, Humboldt penguins and dozens of sea lions, resting on the islands’ coasts. In addition, visitors will also be able to see a huge figure engraved on the side of a hill known by locals as “The Candelabro.” Free time for a relaxing lunch – Not Included.
We board our bus and continue down the southwards towards the town of Nazca. We arrive in Nazca in the late afternoon – a verdant green valley surrounded by desert hills and the highest Sand dunes on the planet.
- Accommodation at a selected hotel in Nazca.
- Meals included: Breakfast.
Day 3: Nazca Lines – Ica – Chincha – Lima.
We will pick you up from you hotel to transfer you to the airport to over fly the Nazca Lines. The flight over the Nazca Lines takes 45 minutes during that time you will see 13 figures (The Astronaut, the Monkey, The Condor, The hummingbird, and more). Before boarding the plane, you are going to watch some videos providing you with information about the different theories of the Nazca Lines.
The aircrafts is a CESSNA 206 for 2 pilots (pilot and co-pilot) and 6 passengers. Each passenger will have a window seat. We will start off flying to the right and then the left side of the figures. This means, you are not going to have problems seeing the figures.
After flying the Nazca Lines, we are going to transfer you to the bus station to take the bus to Lima, it is about 6 hours. At the bus station in Lima, there will be a Cusco Journeys representative waiting for you to transfer you to your hotel.
- Accommodation: None
- Meal Include: Breakfast
- Entrance Ticket: Included
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Transfers from your hotel lima- Bus Stations.
- Bus tickets from Lima to Paracas – Cruz del Sur (Tourist Bus).
- Return tourist bus from Nazca to Lima.
- All tours and entrance fees per itinerary.
- Ballestas Islands Tour in Paracas.
- Nazca Lines Flight.
- Guided tour of Paracas reserve (group or private tour).
- Two nights of accomodation in the hotel category selected.
- Meals where mentioned in the itinerary.
- International and domestic flights.
- Meals not listed.
- Beverages and alcohol.
- Optional tours.
- Single room supplement.
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, etc.).
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for driver and guide.
Recommended things to take:
- Original Passport
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- Flip flops
- Bathing suit
- American dollars and Peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Credit or debit card.
- Basic medical kit
Price: $499USD Per person
* Pricing per person based on double occupancy and hotel 3 star.
Prices may vary according to the season, availability, and client preferences. Certain transport costs may not be included. Please contact one of our expert travel advisors for more information.
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure
|we will retain 50% of your deposit.
|90 – 30 days before departure
|we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.
|29 – 0 days before departure
|we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!