Arequipa & colca Canyon 4 Days / 3 Nights
Arequipa and colca Canyon 4 Days 3 Nights tour is a great way to get there and experience southern Peru’s beautiful highland landscapes, villages and wildlife; walk on the base of a volcano; and, of course, enjoy spectacular views of Colca Valley. Enjoy the magnificent beauty of Arequipa the “White City”, and immerse yourself with enthralling escapade at Cruz del Condor with giant condors overlooking the world’s second deepest gorge known as Colca Canyon.
- A tour package that covers Arequipa and the Colca Canyon
- Experience the beautiful colonial heritage at Arequipa
- Experience the Andean taste in the region
- Enjoy the vast and beautiful regions that surround you and complete a pretty picture
- Observe the condors at the Colca Canyon
Day 1: Arequipa
Arrival to the airport, meet your tour manager or tour guide at the airport who will be waiting for you, and will take you to your hotel in Arequipa. Once you arrive to the hotel you will get an informative briefing by your Tour Manager on the fascinating journey in Arequipa that awaits you, In the afternoon we go to your hotel to pick you up immediately to start the tour driving to the viewpoint of Carmen Alto, from this place we have great views of the mountains that surround the city of Arequipa, as well as we see the pre-incan terraces, at this point you have a rich history recounted by our tour guide. Consequently we drive to get the Yanahuara district to enjoy the arcades of the Yanahuara which was built on fine ashlars, and we also see the church of San Juan Bautista. Later on we visit the great monastery of Santa Catalina, that is a large building founded in 1579 where we see a great collection of canvas, sculpture, etc. Then our guide leads us to the Basilica of Arequipa, a building with neoclassical architectural style and it is located next to the main square, next we go to see the church of Compañía de Jesus and the dome of San Ignacio, eventually we come back to the hotel.
Day 2: Arequipa – Colca Valley (B), (L).
We set off to the spectacular Colca Valley going up the foothills of Chachani volcano and admiring the Misti and Picchu Picchu Volcanoes. Then we cross the vicuñas reservation of Pampa Cañahuas where we can see them running free in the high Andean lands. Peculiar villages around us. We will stop for lunch on our way to the hotel. Free afternoon to rest and enjoy the hotel and the optional visit to the thermal baths in the area. Stay at Colca Valley.
Day 3: Colca Valley – Arequipa (B), (L).
Early in the morning we will go to the Condor Cross viewpoint. Before us the shocking flight of the condors, huge Andean birds on the brink of extinction and symbol of the Andes Mountain Range. The view at this place allows us to appreciate the canyons depth, considered as one of the deepest in the world. We will then visit the Maca and Yanque towns which still keep the colonial churches. After lunch, we will set off for Arequipa. The trip takes about 5 hours and we will be welcomed and transferred to the hotel upon our arrival. Overnight stay at Arequipa.
Day 4: Arequipa (B)
Return to Arequipa in the afternoon, and travelers can either catch a flight to Lima or continue overland to Puno to visit Lake Titicaca. Alternatively, stay an extra night in Arequipa and fly to Cusco the next morning.
- All transfers stated on the itinerary
- Entrance ticket to all attractions stated on the itinerary
- Accomodation on double or triple rooms
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- 2 nights of accommodation in Arequipa
- 1 night of accommodation in Chivay
- First class bus Arequipa/Colca Valley
- City Tour in Arequipa (Santa Catalina Monastery included)
- Colca Canyon Tour
- English/Spanish-speaking professional guides
- International round – trip airfare to and from Peru
- Airport taxes international (around US$30) and local (around US$6)
- Tips and gratuities to guide and support staff
- Travel insurance
What do you need Bring:
- Passport and some copies.
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Backpack to carry your things.
- Phone and Camera charger and adapter.
- Torch or headlamps.
- Deet or mosquito repellent ( recommendable 30% deet).
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Water bottle or canteen.
- American dollars and peruvian soles in cash.
- Sun hat.
- Toilet paper, and face tissue paper.
- PLEASE NOTE, It is not necessary to bring sleeping bag.
This tour we leave any day of the week, everyday. Tour prices are based in a Shared group. Prices are valid from March 2019 through January 2020. All prices quoted are $USDAll prices quoted are $USD
Price: $399USD Per person
* Pricing per person based on double occupancy
* Is there any additional cost for Solo Travelers?
Yes, there is an additional cost for single travelers; make an inquiry about it.
* Trip begins and ends in Arequipa. Please add $195 per person if transferring overland to Puno to visit Lake Titicaca.
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure||we will retain 50% of your deposit.|
|90 – 30 days before departure||we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.|
|29 – 0 days before departure||we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.|
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!