Manu National Park 4 Days / 3 Nights
Manu National Park 4 Days / 3 Nights, The Manu Biosphere Reserve is one of the most pristine areas of rainforest in the Amazon and consists of the entire drainage basin of the Manu River. There are very few human settlements in the park, and there is no hunting or fishing. Tourism is strictly controlled and visitors are only allowed into the park if accompanied by a registered guide and with a registered tour operator. Tours must be organised in advance, and all of the agencies have offices in Cusco. It is also possible to organise tours from Lima or abroad, although all operators work with one of the ten official operators allowed into the park. It is possible to visit the Manu area without entering the reserved zone, and much good wildlife can still be seen. However, there is less control on human activity in the area outside the park.
The Manu Biosphere Park consists of two zones: the Manu National Park, which can only be entered by professional biologists with a special permit; and the Manu Reserved Zone, which can be entered by tourists, but only with an organised tour. There are buffer zones around the park, often referred to as the Cultural Zone, although this is no official protection for this area. The Manu National Park covers 1,532,860 hectares, and the Manu Reserved Zone another 260,000 hectares. Manu contains 13 different ecological zones ranging in altitude from 200m to 4,000m, meaning that it has an incredible variety of flora and fauna.
In 2000, almost 3,000 visitors entered the Manu reserved zone compared with 20,000 who visited the Puerto Maldonado area. Although there are no official limits of the number of visitors, the expense of visiting Manu means that numbers are self-limiting. Additionally, agencies are strictly controlled and are only allowed to visit certain parts of the reserved zone, and even then only allowed in for three days at a time.
Tours to the Manu reserved zone are expensive, ranging from about $500 for the cheapest, taking the bus in and out, to almost $2,000 when staying in one of the lodges. The reason for this is that the transport costs are expensive due to the distances involved. However, it is sometimes possible to get discounts on official prices. If an agency has a tour leaving in a day or two and still has spaces, it may be willing to offer a discount to try and fill a place. It can be worth shopping around the see if this is the case.
|Locations Visited:||Manu park cultural zone wildlife|
|Customizable:||YES, feel free to ask for extra services|
|Length:||4 Days / 3 Nights|
|Group:||2paxs min, max 10paxs|
Day 01: Cusco – Cloud Forest – pilcopata.
We leave from Cusco in our comfortable bus, ascending to the folkloric town of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the Pre Incas funeral towers of Ninamarca. Then we drive through the impressive cloud forest full of plants and beautiful orchids, here we take our first hike and we have the chance to observe the Peru´s national bird-Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruviana), monkeys and many differents species of birds. With luck the only South American bear-the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos Ornatus). In the evening we arrive to Pilcopata, we sleep in a typical lodge. Showers and toilets shared.
Day 02: Pilcopata – Atalaya – Harpy Lodge.
After delicious breakfast in the morning the bus transfers the group to the port of Atalaya. Aproximality you will go 30 minutes on the Alto Madre de Dios river. On the way you can see a variety of bird life, like herons, egrets, kingfishers, and the ever present vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the jungle, King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa). In the afternoon we will have to walk and explore inside the jungle aproximality 3 hours .Night in Lodge. Showers and toilets shared. Option night walk.
Day 03: harpy Lodge – Collpa of parrots – Machuwasi lake.
Very early in the morning . We take the boat for aproximaly 25 minutes to the parrots lick , where we can see the green parrots and also some birds or small animals .after to see parrots we will come back to the lake Machuhuasi where there are balsa rafts to go a long the lake for 2 hours. Where you can see other species of bird like hoatzin, then we will walk one hour inside the jungle. Nigh in Lodge.
Day 04: harpy Lodge – Atalaya – Cusco.
After a delicious breakfast unfortunately we will come back by boat to the port Atalaya after that we will take the bus to returne until Cusco . Transfer to the hotel.
Manu National Park is not endemic area about Malaria neither Yellow fever you can bring a good insect repellent but if you decide to put the yellow fever vaccination for prevention you can do it 10 days before start your trip to the jungle.
- Pre-trek Briefing 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Specialized and bilingual guide
- 03 nights in Lodge, meals (vegetarian option is available)
- All land and river transportation
- Safety box for values and storage for luggage at Cusco’s main office
- Rubber boots.
- Private transportation
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco (no matter which hotel)
- Entrance fee into the Park
- Tour guide for the entire trip (English speaking)
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen tank
- The breakfast and mineral water only for the first day.
- Soft drinks such as beers or sodas
- Tips, handicraft.
- The last dinner.
Bring with you
- Camera and films
Warm clothing (in case of a cold front), long sleeve shirts and long pants (cotton) wide brim hat and sun glasses for sunny days
- 100% waterproof rain gear (long poncho or rain wear)
- Insect repellent (at least 40% DEET)
- Swimming suit
- Personal medicines and/or supplies (liquid for contact lenses for example)
- One day pack and one back pack or duffel bag of luggage.
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hiking shoes and sandals
- Flashlight, enough batteries (alkaline) and bulbs
- Towel for all the tour.
(1)Tips guides, Cook and another person
PRICES FOR 2019
Number of People for group:
Price USD$ (per person):
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure||we will retain 50% of your deposit.|
|90 – 30 days before departure||we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.|
|29 – 0 days before departure||we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.|
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!