Cusco Tours & Machu Picchu 4 Days / 3 Nights
Cusco Tours 4 Days 3 Nights, is the essential tour of Cusco, visiting the most important Inca sites around Cusco then into the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. We’ll visit the most important religious icons within the city of Cusco, one Inca, one Spanish: the Coricancha Sun Temple and the Cusco Cathedral. On the outskirts of Cusco our tour takes us to the Sacsaywaman Archaeological Park, the home of a major Inca temple and other Inca shrines. A historic and cultural tour through the Sacred Valley of the Incas leads us to Machu Picchu where we witness a world wonder. Cusco and its environs are sure to amaze and inspire you; join us on this trip of a lifetime. .
Duration: 4 Days/3 Nights
Departures: Daily departures from Cusco, Peru
Activities: Cusco City tour and Nearby ruins, Full day tour to Sacred Valley of the Incas with the markets of Pisac with Ollantaytambo Sun Temple and Machu Picchu tour with overnight at Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
Customizable: YES, feel free to ask for extra services or modifications such as a typical Pachamanca lunch cooked underground or a Despacho offering to Pachamama (Mother Earth) with an Andean shaman which are options available for our private tours and a buffet dinner with Andean folkloric show which is available as an add on for all of our tours group or private.
By booking The Cusco Tours 4 Days 3 Nightswith Cusco Journeys you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Day 1: Arrive to Cusco + City Tour
Upon your arrival to Cusco, we will take you to the hotel and then join your guide for a tour briefing about the wonderful tour that awaits you. Today, begin the tour with a trip around Cusco to enjoy the sights of the Inca Capital. We’ll see both Cusco’s indigenous and colonial heritage then you’re free to spend the evening at leisure by exploring Cusco’s nightlife or sampling some of its many typical restaurants.
Half Day City Tour
We will pick you up at 1:00 pm from your hotel to start the tour and visit the following sites around Cusco.
- The Coricancha: the Inca Sun Temple
- The Cathedral: A religious work of art
- Sacsayhuaman: Majestic Inca temple with impressive stonework, some up to 120 tons
- Q´enqo: (Labyrinth) a religious center dedicated to the worship of the Earth
- Puca Pucara: (Red Fortress) that was used as a military control center
- Tambo Machay: (Inn of the Cave) a center of adoration and worship of water
*Optional Buffet Dinner with Folkloric Show: Adding $39 per person
- Accommodations: Hotel in Cusco
- Meals Included: None
- Entrance Tickets: Include
Day 2: Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town)
Begin your journey through the Inca heartland with a full day Sacred Valley tour. The Sacred Valley of the Incas, just outside of Cusco, is a gorgeous sprawling span of green farms, lofty terraced mountains along with numerous quaint towns unmoved by time. The Sacred Valley is the center of lively festivals and the best handicrafts in Peru. Our first stop is the artisanal capital of Peru, the small village of Pisac; it’s famous for its craft market in the main plaza, busiest on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, where local natives come to sell their colorful woven cloth, alpaca wool ponchos and fashions, reproductions of ancient jewelry, engraved gourds and much, much more. Pisac is the best stop in Peru for mementos of your trip to bring home to family and friends. After a delicious lunch in Pisac, we’ll travel Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town that remains inhabited. This traditional town is a wonderful example of pre-Colombian architecture. Here we will explore the expansive ruins overlooking the town and discuss their history and traditional beliefs of the people of the Sacred Valley. Later in the afternoon in Ollantaytambo we’ll catch the train to Aguas Calientes to get ready to explore Machu Picchu early the next morning.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Meal Include: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch
- Entrance Ticket: Included
Day 3: Full Day Machu Picchu
Today is the highlight of any trip to South America – Machu Picchu! This world-famous site is easily the most remarkable pre-Colombian city in the world, partially because of its mysterious beauty and its lofty place among the Andean cloud forest. A guided tour will help you discover and understand what Machu Picchu shares about the life and customs of the Incas. Surrounded by dramatic terraces cut into the mountain sides, famed for innovatively feeding the empire, this complex city will have you fascinated all day. Narrow roads and steps connect ancient houses, temples, warehouses, and a large central square. Our guide will give you a thorough history of the ruins and the Incas as well as share with you the possible explanations for Machu Picchu’s function and importance. You’ll have free time for an optional and very challenging, unguided hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, where you will have the best view of Peru’s World Wonder. This hike is only recommended for people who are in good physical condition and with no fear of heights, but the unparalleled views of Machu Picchu are especially rewarding. After a long day of exploring this lost city, we’ll hop the bus down the mountain back to Aguas Calientes and catch the train back to Cusco. Upon arrival to Cusco we’ll drop you off at your hotel for a good night’s rest.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Cusco
- Meals Include: Breakfast.
- Entrance Tickets: Included
Day 4 : Depart Cusco
After an early breakfast at the hotel we’ll pick you up and take you to the airport for your journey home or on to your next destination.
End our Service
- Round trip transfers between airport and hotel (Cusco)
- Round trip transfers between hotel and train station
- Round trip train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus tickets between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
- Ground transportation for scheduled tours
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu & all scheduled attractions (except Cusco Cathedral)
- English speaking guide for all scheduled tours
- Accommodations 1 night in Aguas Calientes (breakfast included)
- Accommodations 2 nights in Cusco (breakfast included)
- Lunch buffet, Sacred Valley
- Entrance to the Cusco Cathedral (25 Peruvian Soles)
- Entrance to Salt Mine
- International and domestic flights
- Airport taxes
- Excess baggage
- Additional nights for bad weather o flight cancellation
- Meals not detailed in itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water
- Hotel and train upgrades are available upon request
- Personal expenses
- National or international calls
- Optional tips for guides and drivers
Recommended things to take:
We recommend bringing as little as possible but do bring what you need. Don’t worry, if you forget something, you can probably buy it in Lima or Cusco once you arrive. Tourist shops abound and sell a whole range of items from water bottles and first aid kits to hiking gear. You can also rent hiking equipment in Cusco, which can be a good option if you don’t want to travel to Peru with a whole lot of heavy hiking and camping gear.
Cusco & Machu Picchu Packing List:
After spending a lot of time travelling around Cusco & Machu Picchu we have come up with our definitive list of what to pack for a trip to Cusco & Machu Picchu.
- Worn in hiking boots or walking shoes
- Light weight rain poncho
- Down or thermal jacket and fleece
- Sun protection; sunscreen and providing hat
- Layerable clothing: t- shirts, heavy shirts and jackets, thermals, hiking pants, shorts
- Toiletries pack with toilet paper, tissues and a lightweight towell
- Day pack
- Reusable water bottle to help reduce plastic waste
- Personal first aid kit with prescriptions, pain relievers, antihistamine & stomach aids
- Spare prescription glasses, contacts & lens solution plus a copy of prescription
- Small flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Ear plugs for sleeping comfort
- Warm hat, scarf & gloves (these are abundant in Cusco if you’d prefer to purchase here
- Extra zip lock bags of various sizes always come in handy
- Insect repellent
- Camera with extra batteries and SD cards
- Combination locks to protect luggage, useful while traveling & in hotel rooms
Required & Useful Documents for Peru
- Valid passport with at least six months remaining
- Photocopies of important documents like passport, tickets and prescriptions
- Travel insurance, we recommend World Nomads or Travel Guard
- Blood donor/type card
Price per person:
|Standard||USD $ …….. /person
|USD $ ……… /person
|USD $ …….. /person
|Superior||USD $ ……. /person
|USD $ …… /person
|USD $ ……. /person
|First Class||USD $ ……. /person
|USD $ …… /person
|USD $ ……. /person
|Luxury||USD $ …….. /person
|USD $ …….. /person
|USD $ …….. /person
Important note about Cusco Journeys service categories:
- Standard: All tours ie. City Tours, Sacred Valley, Maras/Moray, Machu Picchu etc. are group tours with transportation to Machu Picchu aboard the Expedition class train.
- Superior: All tours ie. City Tours, Sacred Valley, Maras/Moray, Machu Picchu etc. are group tours with transportation to Machu Picchu aboard the Expedition class train.
- First Class: All tours ie. City Tours, Sacred Valley, Maras/Moray, Machu Picchu etc. are private tours with transportation to Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome (panoramic view) train.
- Luxury: All tours ie. City Tours, Sacred Valley, Maras/Moray, Machu Picchu etc. are private tours with transportation to Machu Picchu aboard the Hiram Bingham luxury service train.
- Student Discount: US$20.00 Check this link:( http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/items/estudiantes.html )
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$30.00
Optional Extras (Need to Book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD65.00 (Need to book in advance, that is only for Standard and Tourist Class Packages)
- Flight Tickets: Lima – Cusco – Lima to be quoted on the day of enquiry (prices vary from US$185 to US$399 per person depending on the season. can be booked by Cusco Journeys is you wish.
The Monasterio Hotel is one of most famous hotels in Cusco city. The main reason comes to being of the Orient-Express Collection, but the property really distinguished itself when it became the first to offer oxygen-enriched rooms to combat the altitude sickness. Situated just...Read More
The hotel is Located in the historic center of the city, the JW Marriott Cusco combines the needs of luxury travelers with a unique design around the colonial convent of San Agustin, built in the sixteenth century and declared Cultural Heritage of Peru. The...Read More
Situated between Vilcanota River and the mountains of Sacred Valley, Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is a 5-start hotel, it is the only in Urubamba with a private train station to Machu Picchu. Facilities include a pool and spa where...Read More
In the Sacred Valley of the Incas, among verdant fields and towering mountains, lies the Rio Sagrado Belmond Hotel. Set on the banks Urubamba River, this beautiful hotel is built in natural materials and is located at 4 km outside Urubamba on the way...Read More
Description: The Inkaterra Asociacion was founded to conserve the environment, ecosystems, cultural, archaeological and natural resources and to maintain an ecological balance. It also works to support Peru’s cultural identity and sustainable development. Part of Inkaterra profits are invested in the association activities, such...Read More
This luxurious lodge is the only accommodation located adjacent to the citadel of Machu Picchu, which can offer you the chance to avoid the crowds and be the first and last visitor during the day to explore this wonderful Inca site. By taking a...Read More
The Xima Hotel is situated in a fantastic place for recreation and adventure, close to all the main tourist attractions of Cusco city. This 4-star accommodation provides visitors a pleasant and cozy stay, ideal for vacations, also its strategic location close to banks, shopping...Read More
The San Agustin “El Dorado” is an ideal hotel to visit the tourist attractions in Cusco. It is located in the historical part of Cusco, between the main plaza and “Qoricancha” (Sun Temple); this hotel is in Colonial and Andean style. Its style is...Read More
Built around the early sixteenth century, which was the home of the Spanish conquistador Pizarro. This historic hotel with so much charm is an ideal starting point to discover the impressive sites of the city. Here you may enjoy the relaxed and calm with...Read More
Casa Andina Private Collection Valle Sagrado hotel is an excellent choice for those seeking a holiday in the mountains of Yanahuara, located between the towns of Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. This hotel in the sacred valley is surrounded by vegetation and offers impressive views to...Read More
The Hotel “Sonesta Posada del Inca Yucay” is a beautiful place to rest. Located in the picturesque Sacred Valley between Ollantaytambo and Pisac at 9000 feet, the Sonesta Hotel is a complete village with its own church inside, quiet town of Yucay. Visitors enter...Read More
The “El Mapi” hotel offers an efficient and friendly people into a pleasant atmosphere; here you will be welcomed along with other global guests, relax in a wholesome ambience after your long visit to the Machu Picchu archaeological site. El Mapi hotel offers a...Read More
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu hotel strategic location ensures our clients the best experience possible of the amazing Inca citadel. Our facilities are located in the quietest area of Aguas Calientes, facing the Urubamba River and surrounded by the Forest of Clouds. We have exclusively...Read More
The Taypikala Boutique Machu Picchu is a beautiful and rustic building situated into a privileged location, surrounded by life and nature that invites reflection and contemplation of the creator’s work. The Taypikala Boutique Machupicchu seeks to meet the needs of its customers by providing...Read More
The “San Agustin International” is an exceptional hotel in reference to “Gaudiano” style, designed by the famous cusquenian architect “Fernando de la Jara”. The hotel, unique in its style, invites you to enjoy the ultimate blend of both sophistication and mysticism within your stay...Read More
The “Sueños del Inca” hotel is located in the heart of the historic downtown of Cusco city, alongside the traditional neighborhood of San Blas and several tourist attractions situated nearby. The unique architecture of this house has original stone walls, floors, stairs and even...Read More
The “Casa Andina Classic San Blas” hotel is located in the famous neighborhood of artists, known as San Blas, situated a few steps from the main square of Cusco, it is a right place to admire a panoramic view of Cusco city and its...Read More
The Hotel and Spa San Agustin Urubamba has a privileged location, excellent to start your visit to Machu Picchu, plus the hotel is near the most important ruins of the Sacred Valley the Incas such as Ollantaytambo, Pisac and Maras Moray. The convenient location...Read More
Hotel San Agustin Urubamba was one of the first Catholic monasteries in Cusco, built in the seventeenth century in the colonial era and administered by the Franciscan fathers. This Hotel spa and conference occupies a historic building, comprises a total of 32 rooms, the...Read More
The Eco Andina hotel is situated in the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, with a cozy atmosphere and close to the most important archaeological sites and communities; accommodation and services are separated by blocks in order to offer its guests peace...Read More
Guests can start their day with a tasty, buffet-style breakfast. The breakfast includes seasonal fruit, cheese, ham, bread, juice, coffee, cereal, and among others. Throughout the rest of the day, you can order your lunch at the restaurants situated nearby. Meals incorporate local ingredients...Read More
The Inti Punku Machu Picchu hotel has been operating since 2010, featuring a clean, crisp décor in a quiet setting yet conveniently located right near the train station and the handicraft market, with experience of more than five years in the market. This establishment...Read More
Terms & Conditions
1.- Contract between the Client and Cusco Journeys & Adventures
- To secure a booking with Cusco Journeys & Adventures, the Client must deposit 30% of the entire price of the trip (minimum US$200). All flights (domestic and international) and UpGrades must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces. The deposit is non-refundable. Clients booking by telephone, fax or email will be deemed to have read the booking conditions.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite from the date Cusco Journeys & Adventures has received the deposit from the Client. It is at this point that a binding contract between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client comes into existence.
- The contract is made between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Cusco Journeys & Adventures no later than 30 days before departure. In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- In the case of bookings made within 30 days of the departure date, the full amount of package price will be paid upon booking.
- Payment can either be made by wire transfer, direct deposit, or check. In case of a bank transfer, all wiring and transfer costs should be assumed by the Client.
- All prices are United States of America Dollar based.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax) the visitor (guest) must prove he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru longer than 90 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Please make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
3.- Changes by the Client
Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form. For any change by the Client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Program from Cusco Journeys & Adventures, a US$50 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
Services can be transferred from one client to another as long as there is availability and the providers’ conditions allow it.
4.- Substitution of Client
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Cusco Journeys & Adventures suppliers. In the case of certain tickets such as those for Machupicchu Site, Huayna Picchu mountain or for the Inca Trail, these must be purchased again as they cannot be transferred, then we need see the availability.
5.- Cancellation by the Client
The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Cusco Journeys & Adventures in writing. Deposit paid to reserve trip is non-refundable. Payments for flights, cruises, Machupicchu site, Inca Trail Trek and Train Tickets bookings are non-refundable due to airline, Peruvian goverment and operator policies. All other reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to the following cancellation fees:
|Period Before Departure When Notification Is Received||Cancellation Fee As A Percentage Of The Refundable Services Price|
|8 Days or Less||100%|
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy, or single room supplements). In case of trip postponement, an administration fee of 15% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
6.- Changes and Cancellation by Cusco Journeys & Adventures
While Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the right to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) at any time and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us at the time of the booking, the Client will be informed immediately. A major changed is defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the Product in its entirety. If a major change becomes necessary after booking, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will inform the Clients as soon as reasonably possible.
When a major change is made, the Client will have the choice to accept the change of arrangements, to purchase any other available tour or to cancel the tour and obtain a full refund. This is providing that the major change is not because of force majeure.
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures is not liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
Should any price increase, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will absorb the price increase if the price increase is less than 5% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 5%, the client will be surcharged the difference.
8.- Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required by the authorities of the visited countries for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
9.- Age, Fitness and Participation
All Clients are expected to assess that their physical fitness aligns with the requirements of the itinerary of their choosing prior to booking. Travelers with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to check with a healthcare professional before traveling on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for the minor. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the employees of Cusco Journeys & Adventures, tour leaders and agents, while on the tour with Cusco Journeys & Adventures. If, in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Cusco Journeys & Adventures may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
10.- Local laws
All participants in tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Cusco Journeys & Adventures of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
11.- Illness or disability
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and arrange for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit.
If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort, the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Cusco Journeys & Adventures to take additional precautions for the safety of the Client at such times as may be appropriate.
12.- Client has a Complaint
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements, he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Cusco Journeys & Adventures at the appropriate time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Cusco Journeys & Adventures is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Making your complaint known to Cusco Journeys & Adventures as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Cusco Journeys & Adventures within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
13.- Flight Bookings
Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, but it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare. The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid in full and a ticket has been issued. Flight bookings cannot be transferred.
The flight times given by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets. The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon reception of the latest timings. Cusco Journeys & Adventures will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration. Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
14.- Our responsibility
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot guarantee the accuracy of any hotel, resort or other leaflet which is not published by them but may be supplied as an additional service to the Client.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures accepts responsibility for ensuring that the vacation which the Client books with them is supplied as described in the final version of the travel program the Client will receive upon arrival and for ensuring that the services reach a reasonable standard.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures acts only in the capacity of an agent upon the legal conditions that, while exercising every possible precaution, it is not responsible for injury, illness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay, or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions made by the companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters, social upheavals or other causes.