Moray, Salt Mine Maras and Machu Picchu 2 days / 1 night
Moray Salt Mine Maras and Machu Picchu 2 days 1 night, is a fantastic tour, where you will see and visit two of the most interesting Inca archaeological sites in Peru, the “green houses” of the Incas in Moray with an impressive deep amphitheater like terrace swirling around in agriculture beauty; and the Salt Mine of Maras, watch the salt streams naturally evaporate as they bask in the sunshine to be harvested by the local farmers as they have done for centuries.
Moray, Salt Mine Maras and Machu Picchu 2 days / 1 night, Enjoy part of the Sacred Valley as possible. With a professional guide, you will visit a few of the most important ancient sites of Sacred Valley of the Incas like: Chinchero, Salt Mines production of Maras, the experimental agriculture known as Moray and visit Machu Picchu and back to Cusco.
- Altitude at Machu Picchu – 2400m / 7873ft.
- Train To Machu Picchu – Peru Rail Expedition Train or Inca rail Expedition
- Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu – 112km / 69.6 miles
- Weather – dry from May to October, wet from November to April
- To climb Huayna Picchu mountain you need to book in advance.
Day 1: Cusco – Moray – Salt Mine Maras – Aguas Calientes
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel/hostal at 8:00am and you will travel by mini van to the amazing village of Chincheros. In Chincheros you can visit the artisanal market where they will show you the way in which the Inca’s people used to get the natural dyes from all the native plants in the Cusco region. Also you will visit the Chincheros Inca ruins. Then we will continue our scenic journey to Moray, the amazing Inca agricultural terraces. After this we will continue to Salinas de Maras, impressive salt mines in a beautiful setting. Then we will stop in Urubamba, the heart of the Sacred Valley, for lunch. After lunch you will continue through to the Ollantaytambo train station. Here we will board an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes, the base town of MachuPicchu. You will then have time to explore this town and go to the hot springs if you like. You will then stay one night in a hostel. This can be upgraded to a hotel if you wish.
- Meals: Lunch
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
After breakfast we will board the bus which will take us to the biggest energetic center of the Incas, “Machu Picchu”. As part of our itinerary the same professional tour guide from the Moray and salt mine, will teach you about all the history of this mysterious and mystical place. We will visit the Sun Temple, Royal palace, Main Temple, Three Windows Temple and Sun Dial. It will be an unforgettable experience. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore on your own.
If you have booked Wayna picchu, you will need to coordinate with your guide for Machu Picchu visiting depending on your scheduled time to the mountain, for people not hiking any of the mountains there are some other optional activities on your own (not included in the price):
- Visit the Sun Gate: You will have an opportunity to walk (approx. 2 hours up and down) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) to see Machu Picchu from a different angle.
- Hike to the Inca Bridge: The Inca Bridge offers a dose of adventure for your next Machu Picchu visit. However in this case, the adventure is a little less strenuous, but a lot more death defying, not for people with vertigo.
Train back to Cusco: In the afternoon you will return to the train station in Aguas Calientes for the trip back to Ollantaytambo. Upon your arrival to train station you will be transferred by car to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lowest Elevation: 2,040 m/ 6,691 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2,440 m/ 8,052 ft
***Passengers that purchase Huayna Picchu tickets are given an extra 2 hours at the Machu Picchu Citadel and those that purchase Machu Picchu Mountain tickets get 3 hours extra.
- Professional bilingual guide
- Comprehensive Guided sightseeing
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your Hotel)
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu round trip.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- One night hotel stay in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast on Day 2
- 1 Lunch
- All Local taxes
Services not included:
- Entrance to moray $ 25.00
- Entrance to Salt Mine $ 5.00
- Waynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain $ 25.00
- Excess baggage charges
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or Snacks
- Phone calls / Radio calls or messages
- **Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip).
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Comfortable day backpack (to carry your personal belongings)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- Plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu Park, bring: aluminum bottle, Camelback, Nalgene bottle, etc.
- Waterproof jacket/rain Poncho (depends on weather conditions)
- Warm jacket “Moray, Salt mine and Machu Picchu”
- T-shirts / Comfortable trousers / Sun hat
- Windbreaker (depends on weather conditions).
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended), Sun hat, sun glasses
- Personal medication “Moray Tour reaching Machu Picchu vacation”
- Camera with extra batteries
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2019 through January 2020. All prices quoted are $USD
Group Price: US$ 400.00
*We do not add other people in our group.
Number of Pax
Price per person
*07 + people
- Student Discount: US$20.00 Check this link:( http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/items/estudiantes.html )
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
Optional Extras (Need to Book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge (5 star hotel) – US $580 per person per night (double occupancy)
- Sumaq Machu Picchu hotel (4 star hotel) – US $345 per person per night (double occupancy)
- Tierra Viva Machu Picchu (3+ star hotel) – US $65 per person per night (double occupancy)
- Vistadome train -US $65 for trip from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Hiram Bingham train (deluxe) -US $385 for trip from Aguas Calientes to Poroy
Terms & Conditions
1.- Contract between the Client and Cusco Journeys & Adventures
- To secure a booking with Cusco Journeys & Adventures, the Client must deposit 30% of the entire price of the trip (minimum US$200). All flights (domestic and international) and UpGrades must be paid 100% in advance to secure spaces. The deposit is non-refundable. Clients booking by telephone, fax or email will be deemed to have read the booking conditions.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite from the date Cusco Journeys & Adventures has received the deposit from the Client. It is at this point that a binding contract between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client comes into existence.
- The contract is made between Cusco Journeys & Adventures, LLC, and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons whose names appear thereon and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Cusco Journeys & Adventures no later than 30 days before departure. In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- In the case of bookings made within 30 days of the departure date, the full amount of package price will be paid upon booking.
- Payment can either be made by wire transfer, direct deposit, or check. In case of a bank transfer, all wiring and transfer costs should be assumed by the Client.
- All prices are United States of America Dollar based.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax) the visitor (guest) must prove he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru longer than 90 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Please make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
3.- Changes by the Client
Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed by the person signing the booking form. For any change by the Client to the itinerary after receiving a confirmed Travel Program from Cusco Journeys & Adventures, a US$50 changing fee will be charged plus any costs or charges which are incurred or levied by our suppliers as a result of the amendment. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, their availability cannot be guaranteed.
Services can be transferred from one client to another as long as there is availability and the providers’ conditions allow it.
4.- Substitution of Client
If any member of your party is prevented from traveling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of US$50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by Cusco Journeys & Adventures suppliers. In the case of certain tickets such as those for Machupicchu Site, Huayna Picchu mountain or for the Inca Trail, these must be purchased again as they cannot be transferred, then we need see the availability.
5.- Cancellation by the Client
The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Cusco Journeys & Adventures in writing. Deposit paid to reserve trip is non-refundable. Payments for flights, cruises, Machupicchu site, Inca Trail Trek and Train Tickets bookings are non-refundable due to airline, Peruvian goverment and operator policies. All other reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to the following cancellation fees:
|Period Before Departure When Notification Is Received||Cancellation Fee As A Percentage Of The Refundable Services Price|
|8 Days or Less||100%|
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy, or single room supplements). In case of trip postponement, an administration fee of 15% of the trip price will be charged plus the amount already spent on non-refundable subcontracted services. The remaining amount may be used toward future travel with Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
6.- Changes and Cancellation by Cusco Journeys & Adventures
While Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to operate all tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the right to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) at any time and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
If a major change is known to us at the time of the booking, the Client will be informed immediately. A major changed is defined as a change affecting at least one in three full tour days of the itinerary, or which materially affects the character of the Product in its entirety. If a major change becomes necessary after booking, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will inform the Clients as soon as reasonably possible.
When a major change is made, the Client will have the choice to accept the change of arrangements, to purchase any other available tour or to cancel the tour and obtain a full refund. This is providing that the major change is not because of force majeure.
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures is not liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
Should any price increase, Cusco Journeys & Adventures will absorb the price increase if the price increase is less than 5% of the total package price. If the increase is more than 5%, the client will be surcharged the difference.
8.- Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required by the authorities of the visited countries for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Cusco Journeys & Adventures.
9.- Age, Fitness and Participation
All Clients are expected to assess that their physical fitness aligns with the requirements of the itinerary of their choosing prior to booking. Travelers with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to check with a healthcare professional before traveling on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for the minor. Cusco Journeys & Adventures reserves the absolute right to decline a booking at their discretion. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the employees of Cusco Journeys & Adventures, tour leaders and agents, while on the tour with Cusco Journeys & Adventures. If, in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health Cusco Journeys & Adventures may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client.
10.- Local laws
All participants in tours operated by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Cusco Journeys & Adventures of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
11.- Illness or disability
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and arrange for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit.
If the chosen holiday includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort, the Client must make it known at the time of booking if he/she is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable Cusco Journeys & Adventures to take additional precautions for the safety of the Client at such times as may be appropriate.
12.- Client has a Complaint
If the Client has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements, he/she must bring it to the attention of the tour leader or other representative of Cusco Journeys & Adventures at the appropriate time so that they may use their best endeavors to rectify the situation. It is only if Cusco Journeys & Adventures is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Making your complaint known to Cusco Journeys & Adventures as a problem arises during your trip will allow us to remedy the situation or facilitate compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved, a complaint must be made in writing to Cusco Journeys & Adventures within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
13.- Flight Bookings
Cusco Journeys & Adventures will use its best endeavors to ensure that all flight prices are correct at the time that they are quoted. Airlines reserve the right to amend or withdraw fares without prior notice. Once a deposit is paid on an airfare, it guarantees that a booking is being held for you, but it DOES NOT GUARANTEE the fare. The fare can only be guaranteed when the flight booking has been paid in full and a ticket has been issued. Flight bookings cannot be transferred.
The flight times given by Cusco Journeys & Adventures are for general guidance only and are subject to change. Up-to-date flight times will be shown on the tickets. The Client must check the tickets very carefully immediately upon reception of the latest timings. Cusco Journeys & Adventures will endeavor to inform the Client as soon as possible in the event of any flight alteration. Details of airlines are also subject to change. Such alterations do not constitute a significant change to the trip arrangements and will therefore not be entitled to cancel without paying the normal charges as a result.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot be held responsible for any delay to your flight whether this delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, the action of air traffic controllers, airport authorities or (local) governments, the rescheduling of flight times by the airline, mechanical breakdown, strike, industrial action or any other reason.
14.- Our responsibility
Cusco Journeys & Adventures cannot guarantee the accuracy of any hotel, resort or other leaflet which is not published by them but may be supplied as an additional service to the Client.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures accepts responsibility for ensuring that the vacation which the Client books with them is supplied as described in the final version of the travel program the Client will receive upon arrival and for ensuring that the services reach a reasonable standard.
Cusco Journeys & Adventures acts only in the capacity of an agent upon the legal conditions that, while exercising every possible precaution, it is not responsible for injury, illness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay, or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions made by the companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters, social upheavals or other causes.