Titicaca Lake From Cusco 3 Days / 2 Nights
Titicaca Lake From Cusco 3 Days 2 Nights, you will visit beautiful villages, museums, churches and temples on a journey with breathtaking sceneries between Cusco and Puno for three incredible days. Discover how the past is still alive in the wonderful islands of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world.
Titicaca Lake has long been considered a sacred place among natives and indigenous people. Lake Titicaca is a dazzling sight; its deep azure waters seemingly extend forever across the altiplano, under the profound and wide sky at an elevation of 3800mt/11400ft. It is the world’s highest navigable lake which has been inhabited for thousands of years. Some islands like the Uros are made of a plant which grows on the banks that is called Totora.
- Type Service: Group Service
- Type Itinerary: Customize
- Activities: Cultural & History, Family Friendly, Experiential Tourism
- Destination: Route of the sun, Puno, Titicaca Lake
Day 1: Cusco – Andahuaylillas – Raqchi – La Raya – Puno.
We pick you up at your hotel at 6.30am, after we will travel through the jaw-dropping landscapes of the highland plateau. Stop en route to the town of Andahuaylillas, at Raqchi to admire its archaeological and Pukara where the Lithic Museum is located. Arrival in Puno. Assistance of a representative and transportation from the bus station to the hotel in the city.
- Accommodation: Hotel Puno
- Meals Include: Buffet lunch
- Entrance Tickets: Included
Day 2: Puno – Uros Island – Taquile Island.
After having breakfast in your hotel, the tour leader will pick you up and take you to the port of Puno. A boat takes you to the floating islands of Uros, an ancient society that populates a series of artificial islands built on the basis of cattail plant which grows in the lake. Continue your trip to the island of Taquile. The Island was part of the Inca Empire and vestiges of that culture can still be seen in its buildings. Finally, return to Puno.
- Accommodation: Hotel Puno
- Meals Include: Lunch
- Entrance Tickets: Included
Day 3: Transfer out
Breakfast at the hotel. A transportation service takes you from the selected hotel to the airport. Assistance of a representative you during the journey.
- Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
- Option 2: Transfer to the bus station in Puno for your back to Cusco.
- Pick up at your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the bus station.
- Tourist bus to Puno with English speaking tour guide.
- Visit to the ruins along the way.
- 2 night in hotel
- Pick up in Puno bus station and transfer to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Puno.
- Nice boat drive with English speaking tour guide.
- Visit of the islands on lake Titicaca as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Dress up with traditional clothes and party with the locals
- Touristic motor boat with guide
- All entrance fees
- Meals that are not stated otherwise.
- Expenses of a personal nature, alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and meals not explicitly mentioned in the program
- Domestic plane tickets
- Single supplement fee
- Tips for your guide and boat driver.
What we Recommend that you bring:
- Clothing: long trousers, convertible pants or shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks. Warm clothes for high altitude areas (Puno, 3800 msnm), especially at night, including sweaters / fleeces and a jacket.
- Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Puno), especially if visiting in the months November to April.
- Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain.
- Sun block (high factor).
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Personal toiletries and medications.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings.
- Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
- Original passport and passport photocopies.
Permits are needed for your chosen start date. Tour prices are based on the number of people in a group. Prices are valid from March 2018 through January 2019. All prices quoted are $USD
Price: US$ 280.00, per person
Terms & Conditions
By booking or participating in a tour and any related products or services (a “Tour”) with Cusco Journeys, you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract exists when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
- You will pay a deposit which is completely non-refundable in any situation. There are no exceptions.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Inca Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- The only acceptable ID to receive a Student Discount is your University Card with a clear expiration date that must be the same year as trek. IDs with expiry dates the following year, even though clearly valid, will not be accepted by the Peruvian government. You must submit a copy of this card at time of booking.
- Cancellations: In order to confirm this trip, a deposit of 40% is required per person at time of booking. The balance of the trip price is due 90 days before the departure date. Special holiday payment and cancellation terms may apply. Guests who must cancel their trip for any reason must do so in writing (we do not accept medical notes of any kind) as our out of pocket expenses are non-refundable to us.. Standard cancellations are subject to the following per-person penalties, based on number of days prior to departure:
ONCE BOOKED, DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CHART BELOW OUTLINES WHAT FURTHER FEES WILL BE DUE.
|91 days or more before departure||we will retain 50% of your deposit.|
|90 – 30 days before departure||we will retain 75% of the total tour cost.|
|29 – 0 days before departure||we will retain 100% of the total tour cost.|
Inca Trail Tours:
- Permits: Permits for the Inca Trail are in your name and can not be transferred to anyone else under any circumstances. Change of dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not Cusco Journeys (or any agency).
- In extreme cases when the “Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, Cusco Journeys will replace your trek with an alternative trek.
- Those who booked PERMITS with a Student ID must bring that ID with them on the trek. If they fail to show this card to the Park Rangers, they will not be allowed entry onto the trail.
- You must advise Cusco Journeys of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 70 years old, then you will need to present us with a current good health medical certificate.
- You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. The Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
- Cusco Journeys reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a Tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
- Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry pregnant women over 24 weeks. The Tour Operator may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
- It is strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance to protect you in case of medical emergency or any tour cancellations.
Tours and Treks:
- All balances need to be paid in either cash, Western Union, Transfer Bank or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. Visa incurs a 5% service fee and if you need to use another card, it must be through PayPal which incurs a 5.5% service fee.
You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All Adventure Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- Cusco Journeys will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. Cusco Journeys cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- Cusco Journeys does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal ítems, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- Cusco Journeys may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion.
- Group tours might be as large as 16 participants. Groups are open to everyone no matter skill or age. By accepting a Group Tour you acknowledge that others might change the speed and timing of the tour.
- All tours are done in English.
- Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, trail conditions, river levels, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies which are beyond the control of southern explorations will not be reimbursed.
Thank you so much for choosing Cusco Journeys!!!