Treks & Escorted Tours...


Datos Top


phone (+51) 966405778 | (+51) 980811833
phone USA Rep: +1 8017126860

Instagram Facebook Youtube  Twitter tripadvisor Skype 

Travel Visas

The requirements for visas are liable to change at any time, and are primarily dependent on your nationality and destination. You can either choose to apply for a visa yourself or you can request your travel agent to make all the necessary arrangements for you.

For the Travel All countries, a valid passport is mandatory with the expiry date being at least six months away. You can obtain the latest visa requirements for any country at a consulate or the local embassy. Your travel agent may also be able to guide you on this. Please make sure that you have the required travel documentation with you.

Obtaining Travel Visa for Peru

Citizens from most of the countries, with the exception of some African, Asian and communist nationalities, do not need any visa to enter Peru. As a tourist, you can stay there for either a 30 days or a 90 days period, as stated by the stamp on your passport or the tourist card which is referred to as the Tarjeta Andina de Migración or Andean Immigration Card. The actual length will be determined by the personnel at the immigration office. You will have to return the tourist card back when you leave Peru.

During your trip, please do not let your tourist card get lost or stolen. If this happens, you will have to visit the oficina de migraciones or the immigration office, which is also called the migraciones. You will then be provided with a replacement card. As a suggestion, try to keep your passport and tourist card with you at all times, particularly when you are visiting a remote area or any of the treks. The authorities on the trails will not let you begin the treks until you provide them with the necessary documents which include your passport, tourist card and trek permit. You should also acquire a photocopy of your passport and tourist card and store them in a separate place for additional security.

If you want to extend your visa by 30 days, you can do so by paying around $50 USD at any immigration office in any of the major cities. The most easiest way to obtain this is at Lima, but you can also do it at Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Trujillo, Maldonado and in regions that are around the Ecuadorian and the Chilean borders. Getting your visa extended is a hassle, but you can keep doing it as long as your total stay period is less than 180 days in length. When this period is over, you will have to leave the country, but you can always return the next day, and re initiate the process.

Individuals who are planning to work, attend a school or live in Peru for a specific time period will have to apply for a visa in advance. You can get this done by contacting the Peruvian embassy or consulate that is located in your country of stay.